Most of us hate feedback. Managers feel uncomfortable giving it. Employees feel queasy receiving it. Yet every performance and development model says we must give feedback for our employees to be their best. Which begs the question: how the heck do you do it successfully – for real?
Yes, this is another — but it won’t be like any other — webinar on feedback. Julie Stone and Tara Hayes together lead global Learning and People Experience for eBay’s customer service employees. Together they will draw on their vast experience building feedback programs, developing leaders, and driving a culture of feedback in multiple settings as practitioners at eBay, Etsy, Prudential, and in others to dispel common myths and dispense practical advice. They will explain:
- Why you need both formal and informal feedback mechanisms to create an effective coaching culture
- The most essential aspect of feedback without which your efforts will fail
- Optimal ways to infuse feedback within your performance management programs
- Best ways to provide feedback for recognition and as counseling for corrective action
- Feedback as a means to recognize diversity in all its forms
- How to use — and just as importantly not use — technology to facilitate feedback
Throughout this webinar, Julie and Tara will mesh theory with practice by highlighting real examples to bring principles to life. This may not be the last webinar on feedback that you’ll ever view — but it just might be the first to keep things real so that you can build a true culture of culture and performance at your company.