What we’re hearing that’s new:
- Talent Remastered is doing a soft launch next week. Behind it are two names that may be familiar: Perri Chase (formerly Gorman) and Mathew Caldwell; the latter was a speaker at a recent ERE conference while at Instacart. The site is going to provide leadership coaching and training for recruiters.
- WorkHere, the Indiana-based site for high-volume jobs like hotels, car washes, restaurants, and more, is expanding to Cincinnati and Chicago.
- Talent Snap, out of Vancouver, is connecting people who want to work at startups.
- WorkHound raised a half million dollars to “retain your truck drivers,” as the site says. FleetOwner says “other industries that encounter difficulties with retention — namely, warehousing, manufacturing, and nursing — may not be far off on the horizon.”
- Trade Hounds is connecting contractors with construction/blue-collar workers. Interestingly, as you’ll see from its site, the emphasis is on big visuals, news, and content, not just jobs.
- Pymetrics landed a LinkedIn veteran.
- Toptal is moving into the finance field. It says it did a two-month beta and “hit seven figures in revenue.”
- HealthcareSource is buying Centricity Contingent Staffing from GE Healthcare.